Wednesday, January 30, 2013

I'm In Russia!!!


HEY everyone, 

I’m in Russia as I type.  Nothing big happened on my trip here, other than almost missing my flight to Amsterdam, having a guy get kicked off my flight to ST. Petes for being too drunk. Ha ha. Nothing exciting happened though. =)

It was a good 15 degrees when I stepped outside. And it felt so good for about 10 seconds then I was very cold! I went through passport control very fast and then was planning on going and meeting my host family. NOPE, they surprised me and I’m staying in an apartment. It’s not as bad as I first thought. There are 4 of us, the head teacher Sam, Jessie, Megan, and me. It’s nice to have a house but I still wish I was with a host family. I’ll meet many people so it will all work out.

I have been up for over 24 hours, it’s about 10:30 p.m and I still have things I have to finish before bed. We don’t have food or water so I’m boiling away at the stove for drinking water. Tomorrow I have to report to the kindergarten at 10 for meetings all day and I start teaching Monday. I love it here. It feels so nice outside. But the only bad thing is that it goes from 15 degrees outside to 90 inside. I feel like I’m old having a hot flash!!!  Ha.  I will upload pic of my place and roommates later.

Goodnight! 

No comments:

Post a Comment