Tuesday, January 8, 2013

ILP- My Adventure



Hey everyone!

For those of you that don't know I am going to be traveling to Russia on the 29th of January. I'm going with an organization called ILP (International Language Program) to teach English for a semester. I will be teaching kids 5 to 6 years of age and then some 15-16 year olds. I'm very excited to go and live on my own for a little bit. I worked hard to graduate early and thought I would just start college but I found an Advertisement on Facebook and wanted to learn more!

From there I jumped right into the program and now I’m going to be a teacher in Russia. I can hardly wait. I’ll bet many of you are asking if I know how to speak Russian. The answer is a big fat NO. I don't need to know how to speak Russian in order to teach English. At the school I’m going to teach the younger kids through the art of play. It is very complicated to explain but there are different classes like cooking, shop, gym, drama, etc... But it’s going to be fun and COLD!  

This blog will be updated every week with what’s new when I’m over there.

3 comments:

  1. Hello, I happened to find your blog upon Googling "ILP Russia", as I am leaving to St. Petersburg this Fall! You will be leaving and I'll be your replacement! I have loved reading your blog, and I think it would be awesome if you could tell me the in's and out's of Russia, any tips & tricks, ect. If you are up to that, you can find me on Facebook or I can give you my email.

    Thanks! :)
    -Maegan Griffith

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, thats so fun! its a small world i guess! i would love to tell you the in's and out's of russia! have you done anything like this before? where are you from? how old are you? what questions do you have and look for me on facebook and your email would be great!

    ReplyDelete