Wednesday, February 6, 2013

First Day Teaching

Hey everyone!


So the night before my first day of teaching I could not sleep, I was waking up every hour. It was stupid. ha ha. OK well I woke up and made my way to private 2 school. It’s a good 40 min away if you walk but we took the metro and it cuts it in half, and so we get there and we meet all the kids. They are so cute. There is one little boy whose name is Platon and he is one of the cutest in the world. He is about 3 and shows up to class in his PJ's. Ha, the kids are all very cute though. So we start opening with rules and songs after we split the kids into their classes and start teaching. It all went very well in the morning I left feeling good, still a little discouraged only because it was not perfect but that's ok.

So let me move onto later that day. Me and 2 other girls teach at the school across the street and we were told that there where about 20 kids but not all of them come every day. So when we got there we had 27 kids and 3 teachers. So we begin and it takes us 3 times as long as it really should. We had planned 10 min for opening and it turned into 30. Ha, it was very bad, then we take them to class and we line them up outside and then line them up inside. They have to be in a line and folding their arms in order to come in and that was an impossible task for them to complete. I was getting so frustrated. So after i got them into class there was kicking and screaming and pulling of hair, and at one point a girl spit on the table and put another girls hand in it. It was crazy!! After class we rotate them through our 3 classes. It was a pain to just have them line up. Finally it was time to let them go and we were free to go home. That night made my morning look amazing! Ha, I’ll take a pic of all my kids when I get a chance!
loves bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment